As Aiken continues to grow and develop, Hitchcock Woods must continue to be a place of peaceful sanctuary…and must continue to serve its historic and traditional recreational uses. Hitchcock Woods Foundation welcomes you to participate in protecting and preserving this natural treasure through a program introduced specifically for this purpose. The Foundation requests the honor of your membership in Friends of the Woods.
Members will receive a benefit package in appreciation for their support. Individuals, couples, and families can become members of Friends of the Woods for one simple, tax-deductible, annual membership fee of just $50. Membership remains current for a 12-month period from the month you join.
Becoming a member is an important step in supporting the Woods. Members also will receive the Foundation’s year-end appeal for the Annual Fund.
Member Benefit Package
- Letter recognizing your tax-deductible contribution of $50
- Monthly wall calendar featuring photos of Hitchcock Woods
- Subscription to the Foundation’s e-newsletter, issued in the fall, winter, and spring (email helps reduce costs, but a hard copy will be mailed for those without email)
- Listing as a new member in the newsletter (also upon renewal each year)
- Friends of the Woods vehicle sticker and license plate frame
- Discount of 10% on all Foundation merchandise
- Copy of the annual report, issued in the summer
- Listing in the Foundation’s annual report
- Invitations to public events hosted by the Foundation
- Satisfaction of supporting the Hitchcock Woods
Among the largest urban forests in the nation, Hitchcock Woods comprises about 2100 acres of natural forestlands. Hitchcock Woods has seven formal entrances and is open to the public free of charge from dawn to dusk 365 days a year. More than 65 miles of marked trails expose visitors to a variety of ecosystems and habitats.
Many generations of Aiken’s families and visitors have taken great pleasure in visiting the Hitchcock Woods. Sensitive to this heritage, the Foundation has ensured that future generations will enjoy the same benefits. Most of the acreage now is protected in a South Carolina Heritage Trust conservation easement signed in 1997 to ensure that the natural character of these lands will be preserved in perpetuity.
Hitchcock Woods Foundation privately owns and operates theWoods for the benefit of the entire community. The Foundation is solely responsible for the stewardship of the Woods and does not receive operating support from municipal, county, state, or federal sources. The Foundation relies exclusively on the financial support of those who value this distinctively Aiken resource.
Become a Member / Renew Your Membership
Download, fill out and return a Member Response Form or fill out the form below and click “Pay Now” to join online.
Please Note: Our online payments are processed by PayPal. A Paypal account is not required. After clicking Pay Now, look for the Don’t have a PayPal account? link on the lower left to pay via credit, debit card or e-check.