To foster present and future stewards of the Hitchcock Woods, the Hitchcock Woods Foundation commits to the following:
- An effort to familiarize local scout troops with the Foundation’s activities to provide stewardship of the Woods
- An open invitation to be involved in existing volunteer activities (for example, Axe Club, Horse Show, and Eco Tent)
- A welcome to consider the Woods as a location for Eagle Scout projects.
Following are the guidelines for Scouts visiting the Woods:
- Scouts will honor guidelines in this section and all other guidelines and rules of etiquette in the Visitors Guide, as well as those in the Hitchcock Woods Foundation’s brochures and maps.
- Follow instructions on all “yield” signage as described in this document.
- All Eagle Scout projects must be approved by the Hitchcock Woods Foundation.
- Overnight camping in the Woods is prohibited.
See guidelines for related topics / issues:
Pedestrians, Educational Field Trips, Etiquette / Behavior, Prohibited Uses, Trails, Scientific Use Policy, Volunteers